+61 431 156 829 info@iwiseeducation.com

Partner Visa SC 801

Partner visa (Permanant) SC-801

This visa lets the de facto partner or spouse of an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen live in Australia permanently.

It is usually only for people who currently hold a temporary Partner visa (subclass 820). You can stay in Australia until your permanent Partner visa (subclass 801) application is finalised or you withdraw your application.

partner visa sc 820

To Be Eligible:


  • In addition to what you can do on your subclass 820 visa, you can:

    • meet visa requirements
    • continue to meet relationship requirements, you must:

    a) be married or in a de facto relationship
    b) have a genuine and continuing relationship
    c) live together, or not live permanently separately and apart
    d) be mutually committed to a shared life excluding other partners.

    • You must hold:

    a) Partner visa (subclass 820) or
    b) Dependent Child (subclass 445) visa.

    • We might not grant this visa if it is not in the best interests of an applicant under 18.
    • hold a temporary Partner visa (subclass 820) or Dependent Child visa (subclass 445)
    • in most cases, continue to be in a genuine and ongoing relationship with your sponsor
    • have no debt to the Australian government or have arranged to pay debts back.

    If granted, the applicant can


      • sponsor eligible family members to come to Australia
      • You become a permanent resident on the day we grant the visa
      • if eligible, apply for Australian citizenship.
      • stay in Australia as a permanent resident
      • work in Australia
      • study in Australia
      • access Australia’s public healthcare scheme, Medicare
      • sponsor your family members to come to Australia
      • travel to and from Australia
      • if eligible, attend free English language classes provided by the Adult Migrant English Program
      • You and your family members must meet all visa conditions and obey Australian laws.