+61 431 156 829 info@iwiseeducation.com

Dependent Child Visa

Dependent Child Visa (Subclass 445)

This particular visa offers a temporary stay provision for the child in Australia, allowing them to reside in the country while the Department of Home Affairs processes their parent’s application for a permanent Partner visa.

During this interim period, the child gains the opportunity to experience life in Australia, attend school, engage in social activities, and be part of the family unit as the permanent visa application undergoes the necessary evaluation. 

child visas australia

To Be Eligible:


    • The child must be sponsored by the same person who sponsored or nominated their parent’s permanent Partner visa application.
    • The sponsorship must be approved by Department of Home Affairs.
    • The child must be either:
      a) under 18 years
      b) over 18 years and financially dependent on the parent who has the temporary Partner or Dependent Child visa
    • Meet health requirement
    • Meet character requirement
    • May required to provide personal Identifier (Biometrics)
    • If the child is 18 years of age or older, they must:
      a) have read, or had explained to them, the Life in Australia booklet
      b)sign an Australian Values Statementthat confirms they will respect the Australian way of life and obey Australian laws
    • Have paid back debt to the Australian Government
    • We will only grant this visa to a child younger than 18 years if either:
      1. the child has the written consent of everyone who can legally decide where they live, or
      2. the laws of the child’s home country allow them to leave their home country, or
      3. it is consistent with any Australian child order about the child
    • be in the best interest of the child
    • When an application to add the child to their parent’s permanent Partner visa application has been submitted, the child can enrol in Australia’s public healthcare scheme, Medicare.

    If granted, the applicant can


      • move to or stay in Australia until we decide on their parent’s permanent Partner visa application
      • travel to and from Australia
      • work and study in Australia
      • Once the child has been granted this visa, they must apply to be added to their parent’s permanent Partner visa application.